Sheepskin is a natural product like no other – it keeps you warm in the winter and feels cool in the summer. Piiku’s sheepskins come from Central Finland, from Piesala farm’s herd of finnsheep.
Piiku’s sheepskins come from finnsheep lambs, born and raised in our family farm in Petäjävesi, Central Finland. The size of the sheepskins varies a little: length 100-110 cm and width 80-85 cm.
The skins are treated to be machine washable. This treatment is done by a Swedish company and therefore there is their stamp on the leather side of the skin.
– The best care for a sheepskin is airing and shaking.
– Wash small stains by hand washing with care.
– Machine wash with a 30 grades’ wool program if needed.
– Use a detergent with pH 3,5 – 5,5.
– Let the skin dry flat and shake lightly while drying.
– The sheepskin gets softer when used, even though it feels a bit stiff after the wash.